The WIB Series are wall isolation braces used in two wall systems. The WIB Series are designed for compression, tension or shear loading throughout the isolated walls. These braces are best used in applications where simple, inexpensive installation is necessary.
Separating one wall from another via wall isolation systems significantly increases sound transmission losses. When noises entering through a structure disturb an adjacent space, wall isolation braces are used to isolate one space from another within a two-wall system. The WIB Series braces provide positive air gaps between the two walls. Wall isolation braces also strengthen the studs in drywall construction because the braces attach to both the inner wall studs and the outer wall structure.
The architectural design consists of two stationary walls made of concrete, block or drywall. The WIB Series combine a steel L-brace with a sturdy, neoprene element on the vertical side for increased noise attenuation. The braces are installed at several vertical locations and serve as permanent supports between the walls.
Features & Benefits
- Steel and neoprene element braces provide compression, tension or shear loading throughout the isolated walls
- Sturdy construction provides years of trouble-free isolation and support
- Braces accommodate concrete, block or drywall construction
- Neoprene element provides excellent resilience and noise attenuation
- Commercial utility and HVAC space
- Performing arts centers
- Computer operation rooms
- Entertainment, social event spaces and health clubs
- Transportation depots
- Hospitals and research facilities
- Office and residential complexes
No downloads for this item at this time.