HSPA Series Spring Pre-positioning & Angularity Hangers are designed to isolate low frequency vibrations in suspended piping and equipment - preventing transmission of vibration to the building structure through the piping systems. The products incorporate a color-coded steel spring for ease of identification in the field. Load ranges from 21 - 8,200 lbs. and up to deflections of 3". Custom sizes and deflections up to 5" available upon request.
VMC Group HSPA Series Spring Pre-positioning & Angularity Hangers combine our pre-positioning and 30° angularity features. Pre-positioning Hangers incorporate a means for supporting the suspended equipment or piping at a fixed elevation during installation regardless of load changes as well as a means for transferring the load to the spring. This is accomplished by a bearing plate within the hanger box that keeps suspended piping at a fixed elevation during installation and startup. This plate is designed to maintain suspended equipment and piping at a fixed elevation regardless of load changes. An adjustment nut is provided to transfer the load to the spring after the piping system has been filled with water, or the equipment is installed and leveled. The 30° angularity feature has a 30° misalignment capability, spring diameters and hanger box lower hole sizes are sufficiently sized to permit the hanger rod to swing approximately 30° before contacting the box.
HSPA Series Spring Pre-positioning & Angularity Hangers also offers the capability to incorporate eyebolt hardware to accommodate duct strap connections and/or pencil rods, when isolating ductwork and suspended ceilings.
Features & Benefits
- Loads from 21 - 8,200 lbs. with static deflections up to 3” provide flexibility over a wide range of applications
- Pre-positioning and angularity hangers offer quick and easy installation
- Lower hanger rod on some models enables a 30⁰ swing to compensate for rod misalignment and prevents short circuits to the hanger box
- Color-coded springs provide easy identification of spring hangers for installation and inspection
- Bearing plate and transfer nut provide easy transfer of load to the spring at fixed elevation
- Suspended piping
- Suspended electrical services
- Suspended equipment
- Suspended ductwork