VMC Group WFR & WFB Wide Flange Structural Steel Rails & Bases are manufactured from wide flange beams providing mass, stability and a greater surface area for mounting the equipment to the base. WFB is a unitized wide flange beam base with a four-sided perimeter and cross members to support packaged equipment. Seismic isolators are supplied integral with the base and have built-in height saving brackets. VMC WFR Series Rails are wide flange structural steel members fabricated into rails. The WFR Rails are unitized, they are two rails with seismic isolators and height saving brackets incorporated into each rail. The rails are shipped in pairs.
The isolator housings are identical in height within each series and come with easily accessible bolt holes for simplified installation. An elastomeric acoustical cup eliminates high frequency vibration, while color-coded springs permit ease of identification of load capacity. Spring housings have internal adjustments for use in most seismic and wind applications. Their rugged steel housing is designed to handle high wind and high seismic forces up to 2.0g.
The WFB and WFR Wide Flange Structural Steel Rails & Bases are engineered so that the depth of the steel beam is 1/10th of the longest span of the equipment but no less than 6".
When an equipment submittal drawing is provided to VMC Group's Engineering Services Division, a properly designed base or rail drawing, indicating isolator model numbers is produced for customer approval. Once approved, drawings are provided to our manufacturing department for fabrication and shipment.
Features & Benefits
- Complete line of fan and motor bases can be sized to meet a wide range of equipment requirements
- Wide flange steel beams and rails with spring or elastomeric isolation mounts prolong equipment life
- Height-saving brackets limit elevation and provide additional equipment stability
- Simplified design permits quick and easy installation
- Structural steel rails are available in wide flange angle or channel steel designs to meet a wide range of equipment requirements
- Seismic capacity up to 2.0g
- International Building Code® (IBC) compliant
- Air handling units
- HVAC equipment
- Package boilers and steam generators