VMC Group CB Series Helical Wire Rope Isolators are made up of helical stranded wire rope held with rugged metal retaining bars. This design provides excellent shock and vibration isolation for subcomponents inside of fixed wing aircraft, rotary wing aircraft, weapons systems, submarines, surface ships, tracked vehicles, wheeled vehicles, ground support equipment, transportable shelters and shipping transports/containers. All CB Series Isolators offer specific response characteristics based on the diameter of the wire rope, the number of strands, the cable loop length and the number of loops per section. This performance is measureable and predictable.
Standard CB Series Helical Wire Rope Isolators are made of stainless steel wire rope and corrosion resistant aluminum alloy retainer bars. Other materials including galvanized wire rope and stainless steel retainer bars are available. The isolators offer three plane, all-axes isolation that permits use in any attitude - vertically, horizontally and laterally. The large dynamic displacement attenuates heavy shocks, while the inherent damping provided by the sliding friction between the strands of the wire rope enable the CB Series Isolators to minimize post-shock noise and lower resonant peaks.
The CB Series Helical Wire Rope Isolators will function in any temperature from -400⁰F to +700⁰F. The isolators resist ozone, oil, grease, sand, salt spray and organic solvents - providing permanent solutions to any environmental demand. Once installed, the CB Series need little or no maintenance and usually will outlast the protected equipment.
Features & Benefits
- Wide range of available sizes permits attachment to almost any machinery or enclosure regardless of weight
- Compact, low profile design and the ability to attenuate heavy shock loads with minimum deflection allows use where space is at a premium
- Three-plane, all-axes isolation means that the equipment is free to move in any direction - vertically, horizontally and laterally
- Custom winding, loop count and mounting features are available to meet specific requirements
- Special cable materials (galvanized steel and other stainless steel alloys), special bar materials (stainless steel, titanium finish platings) and special mounting configurations (inserts, thread types, clearance holes) to name just a few are available
- Fixed wing aircraft
- Rotary wing aircraft
- Weapons systems
- Surface ships
- Tracked vehicles
- Wheeled vehicles
- Ground support equipment
- Transportable shelters
- Shipping transports/containers