VMC Group S Series Steel Spring Isolators are exceptionally versatile for use with stationary diesel generators in industrial machinery. The S Series is offered in several standard versions that provide a wide range of installation options including internal or external level adjustments, fully adjustable snubbing and a variety of floor and equipment mounting options. Extra long bolts or extra mounting hole are available options.
The SI Type offers internal adjustment that permits installation anywhere regardless of accessibility or the locating of bolt holes in the machine base. The SK Type offers external leveling via a single adjusting bolt or in combination with two additional connecting bolts. The standard adjustment bolt will pass through a 2" machine leg. Longer bolts for thicker legs are available. The SP Type is non-leveling for applications where leveling is not a concern.
S Series Isolators offer fully adjustable snubbing by means of the end nuts. Snubber inserts are made of elastomer impregnated cotton duck for heavy-duty usage. The springs are oil-tempered, high carbon steel.. The housings are made of heavy-duty, all welded steel construction as standard. All springs are color-coded for easy identification and offer a powder-coated finish and zinc-plated hardware for superior corrosion resistance. Special steels or coating materials for harsh chemical atmospheres are also available as an option.
SS Series Isolators are fastened to the floor by means of a base plate, elastomer sound pads and isolation washers. For fastening to a machine, a single bolt is standard on SK Types. Clearance holes are standard for internal leveling on SI Types. The customer specifies the size and location for tapped holes.
Features & Benefits
- Load ranges from 100 - 22,900 lbs. provide flexibility over a wide range of heavy-duty applications
- Oil-tempered, high carbon steel springs and heavy-duty, all-welded steel housings ensure extreme durability and long life
- Internal or external leveling adjustment permits installation anywhere regardless of accessibility or the location of bolts
- Color-coded springs provide easy identification for installation and inspection
- A powder-coated finish on the springs and zinc-plated hardware offer superior corrosion resistance
- Punch presses
- Milling machines
- Pumping equipment
- Drill presses
- Drop hammers
- Forging hammers