VMC Group SB Series Built-In Snubbed Elastomeric Vibration Isolators are ideal for use in low load applications where portability and accessibility is a concern. They are commonly found in industrial machinery.
The SB Series Isolators are provided in two halves with one snubbing washer for simple installation in the field. The failsafe snubbing design prevents the isolation elements from coming in contact with the housing. There is no metal-to-metal contact. For additional isolation where heavy downward weights occur, we also offer the Chassis SB Isolator. This isolator consists of one-half SB and another half that is an elastomeric snubbing ring backed by a steel snubbing plate.
At maximum load, the natural frequency of 12 Hz offers excellent equipment isolation. The SB Series are also furnished with a bonded center tube and wear plates. No chamfer or radius is required on the installation hole. The structural sections are made of carbon steel. The snubbing washer is zinc-plated carbon steel. All metal surfaces have a corrosion resistant coating for superior strength and long-life.
Features & Benefits
- Static load range from 125 - 750 lbs. offers several solutions for low load applications
- Built-in wear plate prevents the elastomeric elements from coming in contact with the customer's isolator interface
- Carbon steel structural sections and a zinc-plated carbon steel snubbing washer give superior strength and durability
- Bonded center tube and wear plates
- Natural frequency of 12 Hz at maximum load provides structure-borne noise attenuation in even the most challenging applications
- Punch presses
- Milling machines
- Pumping equipment
- Drill presses
- Drop hammers
- Forging hammers