VMC Group Shear-Flex (Shearflex) Plates are Shear-Flex Pads used in multiple layers to increase deflection. Available pre-assembled and cut to a specified size and with steel plates cemented between layers.
Shear-Flex Plate elastomeric pad-type isolators provide excellent high frequency sound attenuation in use directly under HVAC, power generation and electrical equipment. Shear-Flex Plates are very effective in preventing shock and vibration transmission in non-critical installations.
Shear-Flex Plates are available in sizes 2" x 2" - 12" x 8" and come in thicknesses 5/8" - 1" and in a mounting configuration where no bolting is required, Type A, thru bolting is preferred, Type B, or as a Jack Screw, Type C. Shear-Flex Plates are available in load ranges 280 lbs. - 6,720 lbs. Special Shear-Flex Plate sizes and capacities are available upon request. The pads are molded in color-coded, oil-resistant, Durulene™ elastomer (weather-resistant) for easy identification and durability. Shear-Flex Plates come in red or black upon request for lighter load capacities.
Features & Benefits
- Three isolator type configurations
- Load ranges from 280 - 6,720 lbs.
- Multiple layer pads and plates offer extra deflection and load ranges
- Resilient cross-rib design provides exceptional gripping that requires no bolting or cementing
- Color-coded, oil-resistant elastomer provides simple identification and durability
- Weather-resistant Durulene™ elastomer
- Air handling units
- Air compressors
- HVAC equipment
- Power generation
- Electrical transformers