VMC Group SRB Seismic Cable Restraint is supplied with UL listed Loos pre-stretched color-coded cable and is used to seismically restrain isolated, suspended piping, ductwork, electrical services and various suspended equipment.
The SRB Seismic Cable Kit comes in four sizes, SRB-0 - 12 gauge, SRB-1 - 1/8", SRB-2 - 3/16" and SRB-3 - 1/4". Each kit comes with 9' of Loos color-coded cable, two thimbles, four clips, one isolation grommet, tube or sleeve with washers, two SRB brackets and two bolts with nut and washers. It is available for factory assembly where one end is factory swaged or clipped and packaged with all necessary parts.
VMC Group seismic cable restraints are positioned at a 45°angle from the point of support. The diameter of the cable is based on the weight of the equipment and specified seismic force.
VMC seismic cable restraints ensure positive attachment to the structure and distribution systems. When installed slightly slack, they do not compromise the vibration isolation by short-circuiting the isolation hanger.
Features & Benefits
- Aircraft grade 7 x 19 cable is available in four different diameters - offering design flexibility, durability and reliability
- Pre-packaged kits contain all the necessary hardware for proper installation and to minimize labor costs
- International Building Code® compliant
- Loos cable is color-coded and UL listed
- Suspended piping
- Suspended electrical services
- Suspended equipment
- Suspended ductwork